Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 10

Ok, on friday, my goal was to go have fun, and support Dixie at the football game more than I do because I knew it was going to be a tough game. I was planning on having a happy time with all my friends, and that completly flopped. I got there and everyone was standing in the student section. 1st, I couldn't get a seat close to anybody. When I finally did, they went to go to the concession stands, and they were gone for a while. By now it was already halfway into the 2nd quarter. When they got back, it was intense. I was cheering, rather loudly I admit, when one of Lindsey's friends says "Jeeze Liam, shut up!" I knew she was being sarcastic, but she said it in an angry tone, and it still hurt my feelings. I was doing ok, just not cheering and participating, when Lindsey asked me what was wrong. I told her what had happened, and I started to cry. No, I didn't flat out bawl, I just got all teary eyed, and my nose started to sniffle, and my throat got clogged. I was really embarrassed because we were standing in the front row, and it seemed that all the cheerleaders were staring at me. Well, Lindsey noticed, and talked to her friends about it. They apoligized, but I still felt hurt on the inside. Today, I showed one of my weaknesses in public. I feel that it can make me stronger now, because I can now overcome it easier, and hopefully, it will just never happen again. I felt better afterwards, but I'm not sure what all my friends think. Oh well, I'll just learn to deal with it.

1 comment:

  1. If it helps to see this from a film maker's point of view, look at this part like this - this is the point in the film where our hero begins to doubt himself, where he wonders if he truly can accomplish his goal.

    This was a really brave thing to take on and I'm proud of you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete